AGM & EGM (Annual report)
Annual Report for Neuroimmunology and Neuroinfectious council(2015-2016)
The Neuro-immunology chapter was a new addition to the MSN with the first meeting being held on the 6th June 2015, during the annual MSN conference which was held in Weil Hotel, Ipoh, Perak. The main agenda was the election of committee members as listed below:
Chairperson: Professor Dato’ Dr Tan Chong Tin
Vice Chairperson: Dr Joyce Joseph
Secretary 1: Associate Prof Dr Suhailah Abdullah
Secretary 2: Associate Prof Dr Rabani Remli
Treasurer: Dr Siva Seeta Ramaiah
Re-election was agreed to be held every 3 years.
The second meeting was held on the 26th January, 2016 at University Malaya Medical Centre. Among the issues discussed were summarized as below:
- Change of name of council and inclusion of other specialists from a broader scope of sub-specialities:
- Change of name to Neuroimmunology and Neuroinfection Council
- To include CNS infections and more auto-immune diseases such as CNS Lupus, NMDR encephalitis
- To invite healthcare professionals to be members of the council such as neurologists, Radiologists, Pathologists etc, etc, etc
- To collaborate with MS Society on MS Awareness programme for patients and doctors: Date to be announced.
- Studies on NMO/MS in colloboration with KKM and University Hospitals.
- Grant by MSN for Council (RM15,000)
- Sponsorship for 4 Neurologists or Trainees to attend PACTRIMS conference every year.